The library at SFS Guwahati is one of the best places for a learner to be in. Well-furnished and designed to the taste, it is an inviting place not only for students but also for every educators and learner. The calmness and quietness of the place make it a great place of absorbing knowledge. The library has been well stocked with books of all sorts incluring best sellers, e-library facility and also the large number of periodicals and magazines. The school is committed to ongoing investment in print books and digital technology such as kindles and other e-book sources and resources. More than just being a place of reading it is a place to do research and in-depth study for students and educators to create a thirst for intellectual pursuit.
SFS Library aims the following.
- Make library a true place of thirst for knowledge by arousing curiosity in all students.
- Create library as the central and integral to the independent and responsible learning by the students.
- Enable the staff to prepare and research so as to provide an environment that is conducive for divergent and reflective study.
- Facilitate an environment which encourages relaxation and private reading by the students.
- By changing the display area regularly by having the new arrivals and celebrating national book awards create an eternal search and interest for reading and updating.
- Create a sense of OWNERSHIP of library among students and staff by inviting their suggestions and having a Library council consisting of students and staff.
- 7. Arrange workshop and guest lectures that will inspire and enthuse the learners and educators.